Wednesday, July 24, 2013

48 Hours

In 48 hours, I will be on my way to the hospital to get this journey truly started.  I'd be lying if I said I am okay.  I'd be lying if I said that I'm not terrified.  I'd be lying if I said that I woke up this morning in tears when the realization hit me.

Yesterday, the anesthesiologist office called me to remind me of what to do and what not to do.  No eating, drinking, or chewing gum after midnight.  Make sure that I take all my jewelry off.  Make sure that I don't have deodorant or any kind of lotion on.  And of course, they will see me on Friday morning.  *sigh*  Okay, this shit just got real.  I figured that my last phone call before this would be from the anesthesiologist since that's how it was before I had the excisional biopsy.

My mother-in-law is driving in today.  She should be here sometime tonight.  It's a long drive up from Jacksonville, and I appreciate her coming.  My mom will be back on Saturday.  So I have 2 moms that are coming to take care of me.  I'm thankful that they  are going to take care of me.  I just hope that I'm not too much of a burden on them. I know that they will say that I'm not, but there is a lot that is going to be put on them.

Anyhow, I've got things that need to be done today that I can't do until after the surgery.  I hope that all of you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment