Thursday, October 10, 2013

Picking Back Up

I know I've been pretty quiet.  I've used this blog just for my journey, so with there having been nothing going on, I sort of let it go.  I did think about posting a few times, but most of the things I would talk about wouldn't even relate to my journey.  With that said, there is an update.

I went and had my pre-op appointment with Dr. Mess today.  They took another picture so that there is a baseline as to where she needs to put my implants and all that good stuff.  Besides talking about my numerous questions, we discussed how I am feeling about this whole thing.

To be honest, I am really looking forward to this surgery.  I'm not afraid anymore.  Sure I don't like the idea of being cut open again, but I also don't like laying on these rocks.  That's the best way that I can describe how these tissue expanders feel.  I am a belly sleeper, and I haven't been able to comfortably sleep the way that I want just because of how hard these are.  I just want to have squishy boobs again.

We talked about going back in through the scars that are already there, that way I don't have 2 sets of scars. Sounds good to me.  If they fade out as well as these ones have, then I don't think that it will be too hard for me to get past the look of them.  I'll have to post a picture of how they look before I go in for my surgery that way ya'll can see how good the scarring actually looks.

Since implants really don't look real, I also get to have some fat grafting done.  This will be where Dr. Mess will make an incision near my belly button and suck fat out.  The fat will then be transplanted to my chest to fill in the dents between my collarbone and the implants.  It's not something that can be seen in a picture, but in person you can actually see where I am concave.  So essentially, I get to lose a bit of fat too.  Can't really beat that, and I sure won't complain.  That's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment