Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Beautiful Day

Today I went to the breast center for the Celebration of Life.  While I was there I signed a quilt that will hang on the wall, and the chair that sits in the lobby.  I did get to spend more time with Miss Vickie too.  That's always a bonus.

So when I signed the quilt and chair, the comment was made asking if I had signed "Cornbread", on the quilt I didn't, but on the chair I went back and did.  The "Cornbread" nickname came from Miss Vickie.  We had a discussion one time about different foods and such, and I shared with her how I like soup beans and cornbread.  Well, after that, she deemed me "Cornbread".  I'll take it.  :-)

Not only did I get to spend time with Miss Vickie, I also spent some time with Miss June, who I'd only met twice.  Miss June is a lot like Miss Vickie with her funny, bubbly and caring personality.  The more people I meet connected with my care team, the more and more thankful I am that I have had them.

I'm actually drawing a blank right now on what else to write.  Probably because I have 2 conferences and a paper to write for school.  If I think of something else later on, I'll be on here to post it.  So for now, here are the pics of me signing the quilt and chair.  Once Miss Vickie gets the pics of her and I together sent to me, I'll post those too.

I wish each of you a beautiful and blessed night.



No comments:

Post a Comment