Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Reminder to All and An Update on My Sister

First I will start with the update on my sister.  If you haven't been following me the whole time, then this information will be helpful to you.  My sister Michelle was diagnosed with atypical hyperplasia.  Basically, she had pre-cancerous cells.  So, she chose to have a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy done.  While I am 3 weeks ahead of her in this journey, we are able to go through it with each other.

She finally had her drain tubes removed yesterday, after having them in for over a week.  Then you put the other stuff that she has told me about her doctors, I just want to go pick her up from Ohio and bring her out here and let my care team take care of her.  So anyhow, they still are going to wait another 2 weeks before they start pumping her up.  Okay then.....

When they removed her left breast (which is the one she was having issues with), they found that she was a ticking time bomb.  She was full of those pre-cancerous cells.  Thank you God for letting my own breast issues warrant my sister to check herself.  I've been told that I helped to save her life.  That's a good feeling, but I also just wanted to make sure that my sisters were to take care of themselves and listen to their bodies.

Now, the reminder to you all.

This morning I woke up to a post on Facebook that I was tagged in.  I'm not going to go into detail as I don't want to violate the privacy of this person, but she is having issues that I remember started before my journey really started.  I don't want to scare her, but I also don't want her to ignore things.

So, if you feel like something is off, go have it checked out.  If you still think that something isn't right even when the doctor says you are fine, get a 2nd opinion.  I was never really good at doing that until this happened to me.  Oh, and another word of advice STOP GOOGLING symptoms.  You'll end up driving yourself crazy and diagnosing yourself with stuff that is not even remotely close.  Yes, I did the whole Google thing and scared myself.  Even now Dr. Mess and Renee tell me to stop Googling and just let it go or ask them about it.  So that is my advice for the day.

One more thing that I just realized....I am 1 month and 1 day post op and the cancer cells have been removed from me.  However, since there is no 100%  cancer free given until the 5 year mark, I will gladly count each of these months until that 5 year mark.

I hope each of you have a beautiful and blessed day and thank you for loving me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment