Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I'm Going to Pump You Up....

So yesterday I went and saw Dr. Mess.  I wasn't sure what the appointment was other than to just check me over.  Well, I was getting my first injections.  Yes, I sure was excited.  I was doing the whole sitting down happy dance and hooping and hollaring.  That was until she stuck me with the needle to put the saline in the expanders.

Ouch!  Ouch!  Ouch!  This sucks.  That's exactly what I was saying.  Dr. Mess had to remind me to breathe cause all I could think was to hold my breath and maybe that would hold off the pain.  Yeah, no bueno.  That didn't work for me.

She did notice that I had some fluid under the armpit, or the side boob as some would call it.  She ended up poking around and pulling 50cc out of the right side after she had done my saline injection.

Switch to the left side and that didn't hurt as bad.  Felt pretty normal.  Was doing fine and wasn't cussing about how bad the pain sucked.  So the left side wasn't too bad.  Then of course we notice fluid on the left side like there was on the right side.  Dr. Mess poked around and ended up getting 70cc out of that side.

At first I started thinking that it was a large amount for her to have to drain out of me, but considering the drains had been removed on Thursday, those amounts of fluid weren't too bad.  I can live with that.  Hopefully when I go back on Monday we won't have to drain anymore fluid, but you never know.

So the injections didn't take too long.  I got 120cc put in to each side.  This essentially took me to being an A cup.  I am proud of that A cup right now.  At least I'm not completely flat chested.  The scarring still looks pretty bad to me and I am struggling with it, but hey, I'll eventually find acceptance to all of this, right?

After we left from my appointment I finally realized why I was given Compazine.  A ginormous wave of nausea hit me and I wanted to toss my cookies.  So instead of throwing up, I had Andy turn the air up to cool me off in hopes of me not getting sick.  We get down the road a few miles and my personality came out.  I told him that he needed to turn the AC down cause my nipples were going to fall off they were so cold.  The humor in that is that I don't have nipples anymore.  I thought it was funny.  I think Andy thought I was out of my mind.  Maybe at that point I was, but ya know what?  I walked out of Dr. Mess' office with an A cup, and that was a win win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment