Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Information Overload

Miss Vickie called me already.  I don't have an appointment set up with Dr. Jacobs as of yet since I will be seeing a plastic surgeon about the DIEP.  She gave me 2 different numbers I needed to call and set up appointments.  Whew....breathe...breathe....

My first call was to the plastic surgeon to set up a consult.  She is one of the doctors that will be working on me in addition to Dr. Jacobs.  So I have an appointment with her on Wednesday the 1st.

The second call was to John Hopkins to set up a consult with them for the plastic surgeon who does the actual DIEP and that one is on Monday at 8:45 in the morning.  Wanna know the best part?  It's in downtown Baltimore.  So I'm sure that leaving the house around 7:15ish is in my future, if not before then.  Oh joy, oh joy.  How did I get myself into this??  Anyone out there wanna tell me how long it would take me to get there during Monday rush hour??  I just have to hope that Andy can go with me, cause I don't drive in big cities with lots of 1 way streets, and this is not the kind of crap that I want to do alone.

Lots of paperwork.  Lots of doctors.  Lots of stress.  Lots of anxiety.  Lots of worry.  A whole lot of everything.  This feels like a horrifying roller-coaster, and frankly, I don't like roller-coasters, not even the kiddie ones.

Someone please wake me up when this is all over.  Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment